Never once have I had a date or boyfriend on Valentines day. So when February 1st came around I groaned inwardly at the thought of my 29th year single on Valentines Day. But then I thought of the guy I dated last year and a sudden smile started inside that slowly made it's way to my face. "I could still be with that douche-bag," I remembered. I could still be believing the lies he told me and be with the most disingenuous person I've ever met. I've grown to be thankful to him for breaking things off with me, and have realized he did me a tremendous favor by removing himself from my life. I win!
On the flip-side however I am extremely skeptical of guys at this time. This last guy was in effect the "straw that broke the camels back." For the first time ever I can now say I'm happy to be single on Valentines day. I may not be able to avoid this ridiculous holiday but I can celebrate it in my own way: Behold! Lexi's 14 reasons to be happy to be single on Valentines day.
1. I don't have to worry about being disappointed.
2. Guys aren't all that great, in fact after 29 years I've decided they're nothing but a big disappointment. I feel sorry for people who are in relationships actually. No drama for me thanks! (no offense to the 3 couples I know who are actually in functioning loving relationships).
3. I don't have to compare my relationship to the other couple's I see.
4. I'm not ready to be in a relationship anyway: which has been made clear to me since I was so fooled the last time.
5. I have all the love I need. No man could ever compare to the only man who gave his life for me anyway.
6. Like I need another distraction from learning to be happy where I'm at.
7. I get to bless somebody else this year (can't say how it's a secret).
8. I don't have to worry about being dumped on V-Day or any other day.
9. Guys are so selfish, I'm not missing out on anything!
10. I'm not subjected to pain, hurt, deception, cruelty or abuse (man it's AWESOME to be single!!!!)
11. I don't miss anyone cause I've never been treated well enough to miss being in a relationship.
12. I don't have to be offended by the gift of lingerie which is really a gift for the guy- therefore I don't have to feel badly about the guy I'm dating/have the realization on that day that the guy I'm getting all dressed up for is really a selfish prick.
13. I have fulfilling friendships that don't require a day where we need reminding to say "I love you," while ignoring the other 364 days in the year.
14. Baskin Robbin's best flavor ever: Love Potion 31, is out! Valentine's day is always happy thanks to this yummy treat!!!