1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll? OVER. On the rare occasion that I forget to put the tp on the RIGHT way, I always get mad when I see what a complication I've made of things. And, btw, my IC condition basically means I win this discussion every time.
2. Cats? Dogs? Both? DOGS. Cats are cute when they belong to other people, but I still find it weird when people prefer cats over dogs.
3. Can you eat breakfast for dinner? Um YEAH! My parents raised me right. I'm not snooty, breakfast food is awesome so why not have it for dinner?
4. Cold pizza: yes or no? NO. NO. HECK NO. enough said.
5. Is it acceptable to open presents as they arrive or do you have to wait for the actual birthday or holiday? Someone shoot me if this is something I ever wine about/inflict on my husband/ Life is too short for getting angry over this (as opposed to, you, know everything else on this list...)
6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray? I'm more concerned if it affects the dishwasher or how the utensils get cleaned. After reading this question I looked it up and the best answer I could find was from a gal who said her and her spouse alternate placing them up and down because "that's what the manual said to do."
7. Is it acceptable to leave dishes in the sink to "soak" overnight, or do they need to be cleaned before bed? I'm kind of clean, but even I leave messes sometimes. Plus sometimes you just don't care about a stupid dish left in the sink. While I have romantic hopes that it's something he and I can do together while we talk and enjoy each others company, I don't care about dishes left in the sink, and could not be with someone who freaked out about dishes left overnight. It'll get done, RELAX.
8. Toothpaste: cap on or cap off? ON!
9. Again on the toothpaste: roll it from the bottom or just squeeze really hard?Another thing I don't care about. If it's that big of a deal, have separate toothpaste's. BOOM: I just saved your marriage.
10. Are towels a one-time use item or do you use the same towel until laundry day? Confession: I probably don't wash my towel enough. So, no, it doesn't need to be washed after one use.
11. How about washcloths? I don't use them....
12. Road trip or flying? Always flying. I don't like being in the car for long periods of time. I wouldn't mind road tripping with my fella from Nor Cal to Oregon and Washington though cause that would be pretty.
13. What's the right thread count for sheets? I worked at BBB so here's my answer: It's all about if you like the feel of it. Thread count doesn't matter: if you don't like sleeping on it, the thread count doesn't matter.
14. What brand of toilet paper? Again, I have IC so tp MATTERS. That being said: I'm fond of Charmin
15. Mayo or Miracle Whip? I haven't had MW in YEARS. Mayo suits me fine. But again, get both if one has a preference. Seriously?! This is a question "Experts" thought should be on this list? How about: Religion, Politics, Baptism, circumcision etc. etc.
16. Pepsi or Coke? SEE RESPONSE OF FOLLOWING QUESTION. BUT I LIKE COKE BETTER.
17. Can you eat the holiday candy out in the display bowl or must it be left there for display? HAHA. Funnily enough I could see how this would need to be asked; maybe not in pre-marital counseling but when the seasons come then yes it should be discussed. I'm gonna want candy so as long as I have my own the bowl can house the decorative candy.
18. What is YOUR definition of camping? Cabin or motor home. Or neither. I'm not a camper. Some of it is my IC some of it is I don't like being away from a city for too long.
19. Turn the thermostat down when you go out or leave it alone? I don't know, I think both makes sense.
20. At what point is a garbage bag too full to stuff more trash in it? Depends on how lazy I am or how clean I am in the moment I see it. But I guess I'll go with right before overflowing; so at the rim. TAKE IT OUT!
21. How many times is it acceptable to hit the snooze button? ? Um never. It's time to get up! Don't annoy me with your 5,000 alarms going off, I'm still sleeping you selfish jerk!!! I mean, whatever you need honey!
22. Thrift store shopping: great deals or gross? Gross. I can barely do Ross.
23. How far in advance is it OK to plan a vacation? As far as we want! We want our vacation to be epic don't we? Research is required. It doesn't need to be organized step by step but we'll probably need to save for this epic vacation so we need to have a general idea as to how much money it will cost.
24. Restaurant reservations: necessary or too restrictive? Aren't we kind of at the mercy of the restaurant? If we like the food we're not going to not go, we'll make a darn reservation. Seriously: who made these up?
25. Roller coasters: love 'em or hate 'em? Ok, see, this is a TRICK question. It all depends on your definition of roller coaster. Great America: 100% Six Flags: Have a great time! I'll be watching a movie all nice and safe while you can enjoy feeling like you're going to die.
26. More chocolate chips, less cookie or more cookie, less chips? Hmm. This is hard. I kind of like more cookie. But I would like them evenly dispensed please.
27. How much orange juice must be left in the container for it to be returned to the fridge? While I think it's silly when it gets left with not even a mouthful left, I don't think it bothers me enough to say anything.
28. Chip clips or just roll the bag up? I like Chip clips: they're just sensible, but I don't think I'd lose my crap over a rolled up bag of chips.
29. Call the doctor or just take some medicine at home? To each his own, unless my significant other insists I go then I will. That being said, I think I know the difference between when to go to the doctor and when to ride it out.
30. Where is the prime location for the TV remote to stay? As long as it's visible I don't care if it's always in the same place. But IF it was, then I'd say underneath the TV on the dvd player... it's just a suggestion!
31. Is it OK to have a TV in the bedroom? As much as I love TV, I think having one in the living room is enough. Plus ipads exist now so I think we could survive no TV. Plus I can think of way better activities for the bedroom.... yep. I just said that.
32. Should folded clothes be put away, or is it OK to just pull as needed from the basket of clean laundry? PUT THE CLOTHES AWAY OR I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE THROAT.
33. Do you need to write a grocery list or just wait until you're walking around the store to figure out what you need? LIST. LIST. LIST. But it's ok to grab random selections!
34. Making the bed: must-do or waste of time because you're just going to get back in it? Either. I'm flexible.
35. Is it OK to shave/clip toenails in the living room? You know.... I totally do this in the living room but I think it would be kind of great to just do this in the bathroom....
So there it is people! Are my answers why I'm still single or do I sound like a catch? I'd love to hear about what you and your spouse think/struggle with. Or if you're single: are any of these cause for concern that you'd want to know about your partner ahead of time?